It's been a pretty manic 6 weeks.
In addition to working pretty hard, I've been organising lots of details for the Tour d'Afrique trip.
- Visas - www.sudan-embassy.co.uk and www.ethioembassy.org.uk
- Bicycle spares - www.wiggle.co.uk and www.merlin-cycles.co.uk
- Flights - www.opodo.co.uk
- Hotel - www.cataracthotels.com
- Serious travel insurance - www.statravel.co.uk
- Vaccinnations -1 down, lots to go ...
With only about 6 weeks to go, it's all starting to seem very real. I've just got to the point of having enough free time to start my charity fundraising.
Building this blog to help with fundraising and publicity has taken a lot of my free time.
If you're reading this :- please donate :) !!
I haven't been doing enough training by along way, so it's going to be hard when I get to Africa. I've still got lots of things to sort out for the trip. More bike spares, a video camera, either a solar charger or a dynamo and some means of comfortably carrying 3 litres of water.